Remember when snow days automatically equalized to Happy times? No homework, no classes, no worries. Now, even if we don't have to work, we still have to shovel the driveway, dig out our car and then still get worried about going to work cuz you got only a day off instead of the week off like the rest of the school kids.
In Dec 19th, 2009 we got into a car accident during the first big snow storm. Its a very long story, and basically we had to get on the road in order to get home unfortunately.This is a picture from Matt's company party, having no clue what God had in store for us..



We hit a double wide 18 wheeler, PRAISE JESUS we were only going 25 miles per hour but that was the damage done. We had to abandon our car in the midst of the craziness because no one was coming out during the storm. We then hitch hiked home- who hoo!
Then in Jan. we went on our wonderful cruise, and on the way back we got stranded in Fayettville, North Carolina because of the ice and winter storms again.
Then this past weekend it snowed 3 feet, and as I type it is snowing again.
Snow has not been my friend this season so I will be more than glad to embrace the hot weather when it comes. I only hope it comes VERY soon as this has been an unnecessarily long winter. Now for some happy pictures, the cruise pics are on facebook so there is no reason to repost it. But here is a cute kitty that my in-laws got two weeks ago. Sascha is a Siberian cat and surprisingly I am not allergic to it! I was holding and petting it for hours and I was perfectly fine so I am so encouraged, if we ever decide to get a pet we can get a cat!

Also Matt doing a flying squirrel attach on the snow while shoveling..

No comments:
Post a Comment