Matt, my sister Cindy and I went to Bethany Beach in Delaware this past weekend for a last, summer beach event and had a blast. Matt's company rented out a 7 bedroom beach house right on the beach, and it was wonderful. We went out to the beach, went Jet skiing and ate LOTS of food of course.
I am hoping that my sister will send some pictures so I could show you the pictures of the biggest crabs I have ever seen. Since last year I have been allergic to crabs and now i cannot eat them anymore. =(
Whenever I eat them I have the worst stomach cramps and some other unmentionable body functions. These crabs might have been worth the pain but we were planning to travel home that night so I figured it wouldn't be so wise to be that sick when planning to sit in the car for 3 hours.
Matt's boss has his own boat and 3 jet skiis that he allows his guests to use freely so my sister was out on the jet sk
ii literally for like HOURS (glad to know that she had so much fun!)Now after a month of HORRIBLE eating, and Matt starting to train again for Brazilian Jiujitsu, we have to start eating healthy again. I have been reading this book called the Great American Detox diet. Its written by Alex Jamieson, the wife of the guy who did SuperSize Me.
She is a vegan chef who apparently was able to get him back in shape within a matter of 8 weeks using her recipes. Before I have started to eat a little more like how she suggests and I could feel the difference in my body. I stopped craving nasty, oily foods and would even start to have reactions when I would eat them.
Now i start to get headaches if I eat something too salty and feel uncomfortable if I don't eat enough fruits and vegetables.
So with a little encouragement Matt have decided to not go Full blast vegan, but geared towards more vegetarian. So if anything we will have meat like probably 3 times a week, and then the rest of the protein will come from beans and tofu.
Ever since I turned 25 I feel like my body has been falling apart slowly. I really need to invest in taking care of it so I am in tip top shape when I am in my 50s. I would hate to retire and then physically be in a condition where I can't do anything!
Some recipes (at least the ones that we like) i will post to share.
1 comment:
Just 8 weeks to get back into shape after all that horrible junk food? Impressive.
Do share veggie recipes, Julie =) Gotta admit, after awhile, raw veggies get boring!
Post a Comment